What To Expect
"I think a lot of people get so obsessed with the wedding and the expense of the wedding that they miss out on what the real purpose is. It's not about a production number, it's about a meaningful moment between two people that's witnessed by people that they actually really know and care about."
— Jane Seymour
Whether it's the dress, flowers, venue, food, music or party favors, the details in a wedding, or any other special ceremony or ritual, make a tremendous difference.
In the midst of all the planning, however, it is easy to lose sight of what may be perhaps the most important detail — the words that will be said and how the entire ceremony will flow.
It's true that you can ask a friend to marry you, and you can also find a generic ceremony and vows online — but you deserve better than than.
You deserve a ceremony that tells your unique story — and to have it told in a way that will be stress free.
That's where I come in. I help you to create a ceremony your guests will remember long after the reception ends.
Here's how it will work:
1. We will meet for an hour or so at a coffee shop or via Zoom to see if we are a match and to discuss details.
2. I will give you fun questionnaires to fill out so I can learn more about you, how you met, and your love for each other.
3. We will explore rituals and readings you may want to include, the role of family and friends, whether or not you want to write your own vows (I can help with either), and other elements that will make your ceremony truly unique. You may come with your own ideas, and I have a treasure trove of resources to share.
4. I will write and revise your ceremony until you are absolutely comfortable and happy with it. This is YOUR day!
5. I will be at the rehearsal and work with your planner, venue contact, photographer and DJ to make sure all goes smoothly.
6. Unlike religious officials, I have no preconceived notions about what must be included in your ceremony. Unlike Officiants who may charge less, I will write a ceremony based on your unique love story and not use a generic script that can be found online.